Tuesday, November 19, 2013

An Introduction to a Gothic Tale that Will have You Glued to Your Seat!

My friend and fellow author, Michelle Griep is a master storyteller and I couldn't resist introducing you to her. Today is the perfect time for you to get her book because it's the Daily Deal on CBD. And you can download A HEART DECIEVED in digital format for only .79 cents!


Have you always wanted to be a writer?
Yes, except for a short season when I kicked around the idea of becoming an astronaut. Two problems with that, though. First off, I hate science and math, both of which are slightly necessary to succeed in an aerospace career. Secondly, it was a total deal breaker when I found out that astronauts don’t actually wear cool Lt. Uhura uniforms.

What’s your favorite part of the writing business? What’s your least favorite?
Getting paid for penning down my daydreams is my fave. Least is marketing. There’s a reason I’m not a salesman. I stink at it.

After becoming a published author, what surprised you the most?
The freak magnet effect. When people hear I’m a published author, suddenly I’m their bff. I’m convinced that 99.9% of the population is wannabe-writers with not only novel ideas, but entire epic trilogy sagas.

If you weren’t a writer, what would you be doing?
I’d be running a B&B in England. Near a castle. On a moor. With Mr. Rochester as my neighbor. Wow. Did I mention I’m an out-of-the-closet Charlotte Bronte fan-a-maniac?

What does your family think about your crazy career?
My husband knew I was certifiably insane when he married me, so no problem there. As for my kids… My oldest son thinks it’s great but only reads audio/technical textbooks. My second son reads my rough drafts, cutting out scenes that are too sissy and/or adding in some sweet moves to my fight scenes. My oldest daughter is too busy fixing her hair to notice that I write. And my youngest daughter is pretty sure Hollywood will make blockbuster movies of my stories, and can I please get her into a starring role?

Why do you write?
Because being a pirate is frowned upon and I’m pretty sure no one will pay me to eat brownies all day. There’s also the simple matter of quieting the voices in my head by capturing them onto paper so I can have some peace.

What type of books do you write?
The kind that keep you awake late into the wee hours, heart pounding, curious to find out what’s going to happen. And long after you’ve read the last page, stories that won’t leave your mind for days. But if you simply mean genre, then historical. My latest is a Gothic Regency, full of intrigue, mystery and ultimately hope. Here’s a blurb…

Miri Brayden teeters on a razor's edge between placating and enraging her brother, whom she depends upon for support. Yet if his anger is unleashed, so is his madness. Miri must keep his descent into lunacy a secret, or he'll be committed to an asylum-and she'll be sent to the poorhouse.

Ethan Goodwin has been on the run all of his life-from family, from the law ... from God. After a heart-changing encounter with the gritty Reverend John Newton, Ethan would like nothing more than to become a man of integrity-an impossible feat for an opium addict charged with murder. When Ethan shows up on Miri's doorstep, her balancing act falls to pieces.

Both Ethan and Miri are caught in a web of lies and deceit-fallacies that land Ethan in prison and Miri in the asylum with her brother. Only the truth will set them free.


Michelle Griep’s been writing since she first discovered blank wall space and Crayolas…professionally, however, for the past 10 years. She resides in the frozen tundra of Minnesota, where she teaches history and writing classes for a local high school co-op. Her latest release, AHEART DECEIVED, is available by David C. Cook. You can find her at: www.writerofftheleash.blogspot.com, www.michellegriep.com or on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. Edie, thank you so much for sharing Michelle today. I just have one complaint. Next time, could you warn me that I would split a gut while reading her answers? That way I won't spill my drink. Great post. Can't wait to read Michelle's book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. Does this mean I'll have a lawsuit coming my way?

    Thanks, Reba, for your sweet words, and a big thanks to you, Edie, for hosting me!

    ReplyDelete