Saturday, September 7, 2013

So What is Steampunk?


The Steampunk movement is a unique mix of past, present, and future. It’s a juxtaposition of victoria-era mannerisms, steam-driven gadgets and gizmos, and science fiction world building. It’s way more than a genre, and it’s influence touches everything from home décor to current clothing trends.

The foundation of this movement can be found in the literature and architecture of the late nineteenth century, but it’s so much more. It’s dirigibles, Jules Verne, and the music of Abney Park. And they’re all wrapped up in bustles, top hats and goggles.

Steam dreams affect both men and women from all walks of life. Anyone who ever wished for an alternative history can be enticed into its gentle ambiance.

I’ll be posting articles about steam-driven gatherings, music videos, and DIY Steampunk projects.

So join me here on Steampunk Fables as we explore the new, the old, and alternative mysteries that populate this rich universe.

Blessings,
Edie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for the explanation. I have to admit I didn't know what steampunk was... even though I've seen its influence in my world.

    ReplyDelete